The Perils and Blessings of Being a Not so modern Wife, Mother, and Woman in Modern Times.

Followers

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Currier and Ives Blue Transferware

Today I'm joining Smiling Sally for Blue Monday.


I have always loved transferware. I have only, until very recently, had a few pieces of it, and one of them is chipped up pretty badly. But last week, as luck would have it, that all changed.

Behold! Ta Da!

I was out and about doing some second hand shopping and thrift store hopping when I came upon this gorgeous blue sight. 

Currier and Ives blue transferware from the 50's.
(okay, not all of that up there is Currier and Ives by Royal. They also threw in blue transferware from Cavalier!)






I love this. It's so Americana. I just love it! Love it! Love it!

How beautiful blue can be.



Berry Bowl



Cup and Saucer
(the saucer reminds me of Mark Twain~ The Mississippi, don't you know.)



This is a serving platter.



And I believe this is a plate for serving bread.

The entire set of Royal Currier and Ives came to 110 pieces. There are enough plates and bowls to serve 20! So wonderful. And then there were 45 more pieces of the Cavalier. I couldn't believe it when I got this, and trust me, it was a very, very, very good deal.

Now I'm on the look out for the butter dish, tea pot, casserole, soup toureen, salt and pepper shakers, etc.
I just don't want to pay 60 to 60 bucks a pop for each (or more). Heck, that would run me more then I paid for all of these lovely dishes.

This was an incredible find. I can't believe it. I'm still doing my happy dance and humming my happy song.

I hope everyone has a fabulous Blue Monday.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I am so blue with envy here ^_^. Those are gorgeous love it! Happy Monday!

    Blueberry Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful these dishes are! I wish you well with your search for the butter dish.

    Happy Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing blue collection of dishes you found there. Congrats on a great find! Stopping by from Blue Monday.
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I like this..they look so lovely. Wish I can have one of those haaa...Happy blue Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving that. I have a service of that for 20. I picked up most of what I have at yardsales and thrift shops. The only piece I am waiting to find is the teapot. Great score. Congrats and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty...so glad you found them.
    Oh, boy...if you got RID of some Liberty Blue, I sure hope I find it. I love it so much I wanna marry it. I've had great luck on Ebay so maybe if you watch, you may find some of your blues there.
    Happy Blue, bj

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very popular brand so I am sure you will find what you want. You already have a very nice collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great find Susan! they look wonderful. I have quite a bit of this pattern myself and I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see you here, Diann. I have no doubt you have some of this pattern. You are amazing when it comes to finding great deals and beautiful things.

    Thank you so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off I have ran across this myself now the question is how much are the worth?if anything?my grandmother and I are wondering what they might cost I have a set and I am not sure what to do with them.please help me.these are before my time and have I huge set of these.might be looking to sell mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First off I have ran across this myself now the question is how much are the worth?if anything?my grandmother and I are wondering what they might cost I have a set and I am not sure what to do with them.please help me.these are before my time and have I huge set of these.might be looking to sell mine as well.

    ReplyDelete